Automated Steel Laser Cutting
Original equipment manufacturers who commit to long term outsourced production contracts can’t afford suppliers with inconsistent quality and delivery metrics, or suppliers who create downstream production issues.
Managing capacity is a key driver of quality and delivery performance. Our Iowa Laser Technology facility offers the following:
- (14) CO2 laser cutting tables with automated load/unload systems
- Manned and unmanned processing of sheet metal and plate steel
- Maximum cutting thickness to 1” and table sizes to 72 inches wide
- Production scheduling with firm commitments
Our people, processes and equipment provide the due diligence, so when parts hit your production line, they are on time and to print.
From capacity for growth cycles, to measured quality and feedback performance, value-add, value-engineering (VA/VE) services and quarterly business reviews, Iowa Laser Technology maintains a leading position for outsourced production contracts.
Benefits of Automated Laser Cutting
- Time-tested laser cutting procedures with over 1,000,000 units of carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum stored in our temperature-controlled facility.
- Efficient, automated laser cutting that can take place at any time of the day with no supervision required.
Materials We Work With
|Material Types||Steel||A36, A572, A516-70|
|Stainless Steel||301, 304/304L, 316/316L, 400|
|HSLA Steel||50, 80|
|Aluminum||3003, 5052, 6061|
|Maximum Material Thickness||Steel||1"|
|Key Features||Nested laser cutting using Sigma Nesting Software|
|Food-grade Stainless Steel laser cutting procedure|
|Secondary Operations||Deburring (Hand/Vibratory)|
|Machining & Forming|
|Powder Coating/Plating (Outsourced)|