OMS Cedar Falls would like to recognize the first graduates of its IMT Apprenticeship Class!
- Chris Aberle 1st Shift Press Brake Operator promoted to 2nd Shift Lead, Forming Department
- Kirk Hanks 1st Shift Press Brake Operator
- Kevin Youngblut 1st Shift Logistics Clerk promoted to Customer Service Representative
- Dean Brockway 1st Shift Maintenance Department
- Jacob Goodman 1st Shift Lead, Welding Department
- Casjen Siems 2nd Shift Lead promoted to 2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Registered with the U. S. Department of Labor, this nationally recognized apprenticeship program certifies front-line manufacturing production workers with essential skills for the operation of advanced manufacturing equipment.
Six employees completed 18 months and 3000 hours of skilled training at both the Cedar Falls plant and Hawkeye Community College. OMS partnered with Catalyst Connection to develop coursework needed to meet the apprenticeship accreditation.
Designed to improve manufacturing processes and meet customer requirements, course topics covered the set-up, operation, monitoring, and control of production equipment, as well as material management, manufacturing business systems, and operational efficiencies.
OMS department managers shared their team’s impact on every step of the manufacturing process, from quoting and production to final part shipping. Class examples included: CNC control, blueprint reading, industrial math, OSHA 10, First Aid/CPR, safety, practical problem solving, Train the Trainer and communication.
Apprenticeship classes began in March 2022 and concluded in July 2023 with the presentation of a Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship for the Occupation of Industrial Manufacturing Technician.
Congratulations to our newest IMTs! We sincerely appreciated their dedication, and we look forward to launching our next apprenticeship class in January 2024.