Designated by the National Safety Council, this annual observance aims to increase awareness of the leading safety and health risks facing employees today and to reduce injuries in the workplace.
Safety topics for June include:
- Emergency Preparedness – Life-saving techniques such as CPR
- Slips, Trips, and Falls – Staying safe when working from heights
- Heat-Related Illness – Precautions during summer months or in confined areas
- Hazard Recognition – Identifying and avoiding an accident before it occurs
Through the promotion of weekly safety topics, the NSC encourages businesses to develop procedures that prevent injuries, increase productivity, promote loss control, and improve employee morale.
2023 marks the 27th year of celebrating National Safety Month. The NSC believes that safety is everyone’s responsibility. They encourage employees to take the SafeAtWork Pledge:
- Actively help my employer improve our safety programs
- Report hazards promptly and suggest solutions
- Be a good safety role model for my friends and family, even off the job
For more information on National Safety Month, visit https://www.nsc.org/